Click here to see five short films made by Rio police in action, made available to O Globo newspaper. They show the following:
1) Operation 157, in the Pavão-Pavãozinho favela, which took place in late 2008, a year before military police occupied and “pacified” the area. Soundtrack: “The Wall” by Pink Floyd (!)
2) Police caveirão (tank) attacked by a molotov cocktail (no harm done!)
3) 2006 surveillance operation in Morro Chapéu Mangueira favela, now occupied and “pacified”.
4) Helicopter rescue of wounded police officer in October 2009, Morro dos Macacos. Cinematographic views of Rio’s north zone.
5) Police discover gruesome clandestine cemetery in Andaraí, July 2010, just after the area was occupied and “pacified”.